Fourth Level Home Economics is the natural progression route from the Thrid Level course in S2. It uses the same methodologies and approaches to larning and is a part of CfE Broad General Education.
The topics covered are:
- Basic Cookery Techniques
- Cookery Processes
- The Functional Properties of Food
- Food Safety
- Nutrition and Fortification of Food
- Nutrient and Dietary Requirements
- Food Allergies and Intolerances
- Packaging and Food Labelling
- Fabric and Design
- Royal Envirornmental Health Institute of Scotland*
* Elementary Food Hygiene Course – a nationally recognised qualification which will help ensure that food handling activities are carried out safely essential for people employed in food handling situation. So may be useful for gaining full or part-time employment in the future. This will also include a workshop with the local EHO Education Team.